Friday, October 2, 2015

To Make a Plan

This post will be entirely English, for the sake of convenience in writing it but also for my teachers in reading, as the content is somewhat more objective than that of other posts.

What are my goals in Japanese 101?
To speak quickly and naturally with an accent easily understood by native people. I understand and accept that I will never speak Japanese like a native Japanese person and that is perfectly fine; perfection is too often the enemy of good enough.
To be able to hold simple conversations in Japanese and to be able to read basic Japanese writings.
To gain  a greater understanding of Japanese culture and modern society.
To enjoy myself while accomplishing the above goals.

And how will I get there?
By watching Japanese television (Folktales from Japan or Sword Art Online) once every two days for at least 30 min.
By becoming involved in Japanese cultural events on campus, such as JSA, perhaps attending one event every week.
By coming to Japanese table once every two weeks.
By reviewing Japanese writing systems on my own on weekends.
By using SpeakEverywhere to help me imitate the language of Japanese speakers from whatever Japanese media I watch. This means using Speak Everywhere to shadow more often, perhaps once every two weeks.

To write something down is to give it force. I only hope that I am disciplined enough to be held by these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment